Pages

July 12, 2010

I'm back from Naperville Women's Club Art Fair Show!



What an incredible show! 

The weather was terribly hot but everyone made it so much fun that the heat didn't seem so bad.

I really enjoyed the location of the art fair.  It was situated on the grounds of the historic Naper Settlement which is in the heart of Naperville, IL.  I've added some photos in this post of some of the flowers and buildings you can see if you visit there.  My booth was located right by the blacksmith building (not pictured).  I would try to peek in and see what he was up to every now and then but with the crowds of people it was hard to see much.

Right next to my booth was a lovely couple, Ken & Joyce, who make these fantastic baskets that you can see here.  The photos of the baskets don't do them justice.  Simply beautiful.

I had the privilege of talking to many people and I must say that the folks around Naperville certainly know their art history and techniques!  It was a true pleasure to meet each and every person that stopped by.

Now I must head back into the studio and start creating more artwork for the upcoming shows that I will be attending.

 

No comments: