Pages

February 1, 2011

Blizzard in the Mid-West!

If you were to step up to my door right now this is the frosty welcome you would receive!  Sorry that it's upside down but I would be crazy to go outside this afternoon.


The snow started landing (and staying) around noon for us today and I hear it isn't going to stop anytime soon.  This is what my front yard view (and the neighbor's house across the street) looks like after 2 hours of snow:


I will try to post an update later in the day to show a progression of how much snow has fallen.

In warmer news:

Last week I travelled south to the Illinois State Museum's "Southern Illinois Art and Artisans Center" and can't even begin to tell you about all of the fantastic art that can be seen (and purchased) there!  I'm so absolutely honored to have my work in this shop.  I thought I should post some pictures so you could see where you need to go the next time you are in the St. Louis, MO area.

Here is a picture of the front of the building (including sculptures) from the parking lot:


Here is a picture of the entrance to the exhibition area and shop when you first step into the building:



Here is a picture of only a SMALL section of the entire shop: 



You wouldn't believe the amazing artwork to be found here.  If you can't find the perfect gift here then you won't find it anywhere else!

I will leave you with one final photo of my little beagle, Apple, as she is watching the snow starting to accumulate.  (Oh and the amazing stained glass work that you see in this picture is by none other than my very talented father!)


No comments: