Pages

July 15, 2013

My visit to the 7th Annual Miniature Fine Art Show at Artistic Designs Gallery

Last Friday my husband and I made the 3 hour drive to Indiana to attend the opening reception of Artistic Designs Gallery's 7th Annual Miniature Fine Art Show in Brownsburg.

This was my first opportunity to see a miniature fine art show in person and it was a fantastic experience!  The artwork and the people are wonderful and memorable!

First of all, I have to say that Laura, Lee and their staff at the gallery are so warm and welcoming. If you have not visited this gallery yet you really need to stop by if you're in the area!

The show was beautifully and professionally hung.  There are so many mediums, subjects and styles in the show that it takes some time to really view and appreciate all of the artwork.  One of my favorite pieces (and there were so many others...) that I remembered to snap a photo of was this one called "Garden of Dreams" by Linda Rossin.  My sorry excuse for a camera phone picture does not capture the beauty of this work.  The amount of detail in such a small scale is unbelievable.  You can almost see every individual leaf in the ferns!  It won the Best of Acrylic award and I couldn't agree more!

 

 
Speaking of awards, my piece "Country Cherries" won Best of Mixed Media!  I'm so ecstatic!  It means so much to me that the judges, Wes and Rachelle Siegrist see merit in my work.  I'm very honored considering their experience and talent. Not to mention the outstanding art in this show!

The picture above shows one of the groupings which happens to have the two pieces that I submitted to the show.  You can sort of see the one that won an award at the bottom.

From what I understand the gallery will be posting all of the works in a slideshow on their website soon.  You will be able view all of these miniatures there and have the opportunity to purchase them as well.

After we had a chance to see all of the works and visit with other artists and guests of the show Wes Siegrist gave a presentation titled "Miniature Art: Why so tiny?"  There was a standing room only crowd by the time he started.  What a great turnout for this event!



Towards the end of the evening the judges and the artists gathered together to take a group photo.  This isn't a great angle but I'm glad my husband thought to take a picture of us!  Hopefully the gallery will post a better one.


 

I couldn't end this post without adding a picture of my best friend and husband, Thomas, who is my biggest supporter and makes all of this hard work worthwhile.
 


Oh and yes, it was such a great time for us that we stayed until the very end.  We can't wait to be there again next year!



2 comments:

Wes and Rachelle Siegrist said...

Sandra, It was great to meet you and Thomas in person at the gallery and congrats again on your award ~ most deserving! We do have another group shot that I think is better than the one you posted if you would like to email us I'll send it to you guys.

Happy painting and scratching!

Wes

Sandra said...

Thanks Wes!