Pages

September 19, 2013

The 50 Tree

"The 50 Tree"
Mixed Media on Watercolor paper
2.5" x 3.5"
Available

The name for this one might seem a bit odd but it does have a reason. 

I have this background stamp with written text that I occasionally use in my work and never really paid attention to the words until recently. 

At the beginning of the month I started learning French to teach the Bible to people who can only speak French.  So I was surprised when I recognized the words on the stamp as French and understood what they are saying!  They are all written numbers.  That's it.  Nothing fancy, just numbers.  How funny is that?

Anyhow, the point I'm getting to is that the main word that can be seen in the tree (lower right) says "cinquante" which means 50 in French.  Thus, the title for the work.

No comments: