Pages

January 11, 2015

My new studio

A new home means having to set up a new studio.  I thought I would share some pictures of how it looks now that it is getting close to being fully set up.

The first thing I did was paint the room a soft blue.  My husband shares the room with me and wasn't too sure about my decorating color choice but it turned out to be one that we both love.  Depending on the time of day, or what lights are on in the room, it goes from soft blue to lavender, to a very pretty pearl grey.


My main desk is a beautiful, L-shaped desk that I purchased from Amazon.  It's very sturdy, which is important to me when I'm drawing.  Can't have things shifting around when you're doing detailed work!  I highly recommend it:

Pro-Line II / OSP Designs Prado Complete L-Workstation, White

On my desk I have two Michael's Recollections organizers. They hold my Copics and I love them! Everything is so handy. I also use one that turns to hold my pens, pencils, rulers, and other little things.

I use my laptop to edit my art to prepare it for online presentation or printing.  I like that it's portable and easy to move out of the way if I need more desk space for some reason.  The black box to the left of it holds some unique papers and embellishments.  I just found this treasure a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby.  I think I'm going to paint the front of the drawers but that's definitely a task for sometime in the future!  Still need to find a permanent home for it in the studio.

The gorgeous, red roses on the right (hard to see but trust me they are gorgeous) are on a white, metal rolling studio cart that I've had for many years now.  I found it at Jerrysartarama but sadly they no longer make it in the size that I have.  Such a shame because it really is great!


In this picture you can see my drafting table a little better.  I use a rolling task chair because I think arms on a chair would only get in my way!  The picture above the table was done by an artist on www.ebsqart.com and I will have to try and track their name down because a few people have told me they would like one done of their dog.  The dog in the picture is my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Katie.  She is very elderly and crotchety now but still very lovable.

I know that I haven't talked about everything you can see in the pictures but I would love to answer your questions if you post them in the comments below.

No comments: