Pages

November 30, 2010

Hydrangea Sprig

2.5" by 3.5"
sold

The lace that I've rendered in the picture is so exquisite in real life.  I found it in an antique shop nearby and it had a tag on it that said it was from 1971.  Wouldn't that make it vintage?  Otherwise that would make me an antique!!! Yikes!  Anyhow, even though I have a background in needlework design/instruction I am uncertain what kind of lace this is; perhaps a type of bobbin lace work?  If you think you recognize it please leave a comment, I would really appreciate it.

You can be sure that you will be seeing this lace in some of my future works.

Here is a detail image of the lace.  Please note that this is much larger than the actual size of the original.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

It is really too far away for me to tell but I would say it is a form of needlelace. There are lots of types of needlelace & there would be other people who would know which type this is.

Sandra said...

I believe you have accurately identified the lace Jenny! I started searching for other needlelace pieces on the internet and sure enough there are quite a few that look just like it. By the way, I've posted a detail image of the scratched lace so you can see it a bit closer up. Thanks so much for your comment, now I'm going to go and hunt for more needlelace.