Pages

November 19, 2010

Mondak Heritage Center - 20th Annual Miniature Art Show entry "Daisies"

I am really happy to say that I am exhibiting this piece, "Daisies", in this year's Mondak Heritage Center's miniature show.

It has been created on a 2.5" x 3.5" scratchboard with transparent inks for color.

If the subject looks familiar it would be because it was created from some more of my studio reference work that I did a while ago.  Two other pieces I've created from similar still life setups are "Disheveled Daisies" and "Diapente".

I wanted to create the same bowl of daisies in scratchboard again but this time on a miniature scale.  It was a challenging step up from the larger pieces but I'm so happy with the results.  The image you are seeing on your monitor is probably close to the actual image size.

This piece isn't for sale because I am not ready to part with it yet.  It will be on exhibit at the miniature show until the end of the year.

2 comments:

Benjamin L Clark - MonDak Director said...

And we are thrilled to have it! Hoping to have a slide show on facebook soon of all the entries. We have submissions from all over the US, Canada and Europe, so very few entrants actually get to see the show in our gallery. Great blog post, and thanks for the shout out!

Sandra said...

Thanks so much Benjamin! I keep popping by your facebook page because I can't wait to see the slide show!