Pages

February 15, 2011

I'll be at the 10th Annual Art on the Square in Belleville, IL

I'm really excited to say that I will be a participating artist at this years Art on the Square in Belleville, IL.  It will be held for three days in May (13, 14 and 15).

Why is this a big deal for me?  Here is an excerpt from their home page:

"In 2010, Belleville's Art on the Square received another #1 ranking by Art Fair Source Book. This highly regarded art fair publication considered over 600 art shows from the thousands that are held every year and, once again, placed Art on the Square at the very top.


Beginning in 2002, Art on the Square quickly established itself as an up and coming new show. In 2004, it was named the Best Small Town Art Fair in America and by 2006 it was ranked in the top ten of all shows in the country with much older art fairs from very large metropolitan areas. In 2008, Art on the Square was #1 in the nation for the first time."

I was told that over 1000 artists applied for the 70 available spots (of the 100 spots in the fair).  I couldn't be more excited that I was juried into the show!

If you want to learn more about the show please click on their logo in this post and it will take you directly to their website.

No comments: