Pages

October 19, 2011

The International Society of Scratchboard Artists has launched

I am so happy to announce that the hard work of a group of scratchboard artists has blossomed into a new society that is representing our medium. It is the International Society of Scratchboard Artists and they are now accepting applications for membership.

I won't go into the history about how this society came to be as they have written it (much more eloquently than I ever could) on their website.

I have the honor of not only being a founding member (currently acting as Secretary for the Board) but I also have the distinction of Master Scratchboard Artist (MSA). The first group of MSA members for ISSA were determined by an outside group of artists who are masters in their own fields and so it was a great honour for me to be counted among them as a peer.

I hope that you will take the time to visit the society's website and perhaps even consider becoming a member.

No comments: