Pages

January 8, 2012

Illinois State Museum article in the University of Illinois Springfield "Illinois Issues"

It was brought to my attention the other day that there was a very nice article that was written in the University of Illinois Springfield publication "Illinois Issues" about the artisans program with the Illinois State Museum.

You can read the article HERE.

I was floored to see that I was mentioned in the article and that Carolyn Patterson would say this about my work:

"They include Sandra Willard of Springfield, who uses scratchboard to produce highly detailed images. “She’s a magician,” Patterson says. “Her work is just completely magical.”
I am very flattered and humbled by her kind words.

I have been an artisan with the Illinois State Museum for a little over a year now and I'm very proud to be among such talented people. The calibre of work you will find in the museum gift shops is outstanding and I highly recommend that you go there if you're looking for a unique gift.

No comments: