Pages

September 24, 2016

Escapes Collage Art coloring book review and completed page


Winery image created with Copic markers, Caran D'ache Luminance white colored pencil, and Wink of Stella pen for highlights.  Links to materials can be found below the review.

My review:

Escapes coloring book "Collage Art" is a collection of 55 illustrations by Marty Noble that were inspired by Art Nouveau posters, Japanese prints, and vintage seed packets. They are all in a horizontal format.

What I really like:
I love that there are a wide variety of images in the book which means that there is something in there for everyone.  You will find mixed media type images of every kind of subject! Some of the themes include:
  • Steampunk
  • Southwestern
  • Japanese
  • Country
  • Victorian
The pages are printed on one side which means I can use markers.
The price is reasonable for what you get.

What I would change:
The paper color is ivory and made my blue sky look a little more blue-green than I would have liked.
There is no ex libris page which means that I have no first page where I can put my name.
There is no listing of images, or page numbers/titles, for me to easily reference the image.
There is no test page.

Best media for coloring:
Since the images are on only one of the page I tend to grab my Copic markers but the ivory color of the paper altered the color.
I recommend using colored pencils with greater opacity if you want your colors to be true.

Overall rating:
4/5
A fantastic adult coloring book to add to my collection.  I have already marked off the other images I would like to work on next.

_________________


The following are Amazon links to the items that I used to color the image above:

No comments: