Pages

October 3, 2016

Joyous Blooms to Color coloring book and completed pages


Created using Prismacolor Premier pencils
Created using Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils

Created using Polychromos pencils

Links to materials used in the images above can be found below the review.

Joyous Blooms to Color is a coloring book with a collection of approx., 84 illustrations (see below) by Eleri Fowler that are accompanied by uplifting quotations.

By my count I found:
  • 72 single page illustrations with 5 of them borders to color around text
  • 12 two page spread illustrations.

The book is in a square format.

What I really like:
I love the images throughout the book.  So many lovely illustrations that it's hard to decide which one to start on first.
I like that there is a little information about the artist and her inspiration at the beginning of the book.
I love the selected quotes and they fit very well with the theme of the drawings.
The paper is a good weight and a nice white.
The paper tooth is excellent for colored pencils.
The price is reasonable for what you get.

What I would change:
The pages have images on both sides which means using markers would sacrifice another illustration to color.
There is no listing of images, or page numbers/titles, for me to easily reference an image.
There is no test page.

Best media for coloring:
I recommend using colored pencils or gel pens if you do not want to sacrifice the illustration on the opposite side of the page you are coloring.

My favorite image:
About 9 or 10 pages in there is a picture of a stone path leading to a table set for two.

Overall rating:
5/5
I can see myself coloring many more of the images from this book. It's a keeper!


No comments: